The MariaLux line



"Desire shapes the image of the desired one" (H. Bellmer, 1947)



I embrace work in progress, the effort and collective excitement
Fashion is not one of my main interests, so I must confess that I'd never heard of Lilian Driessen before. She's a fashion designer and creative director from 1987. She says "I 
 embrace work in progress, the effort and collective excitement
that lies in the process. As I have touched and have been touched, 
there are many stories to tell
". And some, she decided to tell in a line of fragrances named MariaLux: Mary as the virgin, mother, lover, Lux is for light, luxury and lust, and the 'L' stands for her name, Lilian, in the middle between the two opposites. From what I can see on the site Marialux.com and doing some online research, her taste is aggressively feminine, explicitly sensual with a sinful touch I liked. And then I thought: "If I were her, which perfumer would I choose to make perfumes accurately reflecting my provocative taste?" the answer was only one: Alessandro Gualteri, Nasomatto, the more sinful among contemporary creators.  I tested all three in the line: Truly, Madly, Deeply, and Alessandro's vision of perfumery is so present in all three, that even the first sniff materializes his image immediately. Lilian seems to have made the perfect choice, since  perfumes do reflect her fashion 100%.  How are they like? Now I'm telling you. (follows)

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Zara White, Green, Fruity, Oriental, Black Amber

Arancia La Spugnatura (Francois Demachy per Acqua di Parma, 2023)

Perris Montecarlo new release: Vetiver Java by Gian Luca Perris (2021)