Distillation day at "La Vecchia Distilleria"

In recent days I was in Vallebona (Imperia), at La Vecchia Distilleria (the Old Distillery), a family business that produces outstanding essences of neroli and petitgrain, as well as sought-after "bitter orange blossom water" (Acqua di Fior d'Arancio amaro) with which several Chefs prepare gastronomic delicacies of the highest level.

I was there because I had some helichrysum to distill and Pietro Guglielmi, the young owner had offered me hospitality. It was a really fantastic morning: in addition to the pleasure of spending some time with Pietro chatting about topics we both are passionate about, seeing the distiller come into operation was very exciting. What happens when water and fire begin to dance inside it, is something truly magical, no word can truly describe it. 

I can only say that the result of this dance is Essence. And this is enough for me to get goosebumps.

In my case, it was nine milliliters of precious, fragrant, incredible essence of Helichrysum italicum. I also have ten liters of hydrolat, which I will now divide into smaller bottles. 

I can only thank Pietro for his generosity, for having welcomed me and allowing me to participate in this alchemical, transformative magic (and not only for the plant), in which his family has participated for seven generations. Thank you, Pietro, you are a Master and I feel very happy and lucky.





Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Zara White, Green, Fruity, Oriental, Black Amber

Arancia La Spugnatura (Francois Demachy per Acqua di Parma, 2023)

Perris Montecarlo new release: Vetiver Java by Gian Luca Perris (2021)